Thursday, January 1, 2009

One.One

"We dream of life playing in the sun,
So please don't ever be afraid to shine
Cause only heaven knows
What to make of these dreams sometimes.
But for tonight, let's just leave it all behind."

Well, the first day of a new year has come and almost gone. This is supposed to be the time that I build off of what I spent so much of 2008 reconstructing. It's time to leave all the fear, the insecurities, and all the shame behind. None of that has a place in 2009. This year will be full of firsts, and I've got to be able to bring myself fully to the table so that I can spread my wings and succeed. And only I am capable of doing this. I've been shown the pieces to the puzzle, and this year it's time that I start putting the puzzle together.

I can't stop listening to The Foreign Exchange's album, Leave it All Behind (see previous post). It seems that no matter what my mood is, there's a message on each song that speaks to me. It's been picking me up, pushing me, and reassuring me that I've got this. Tonight has been one of those nights where I've felt down and it's tough to climb out, but this song was just what I needed to hear. I've been focusing a little to much on the negatives and the "what ifs," which is a little uncharacteristic for my optimistic self. But's its time to give life to the blueprint. I know what's there. And now it's my turn to build it. Life may be difficult, but one worth having won't always be easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment